You may have heard recently in the news the benefits of gratitude. Researchers have shown that people who make a daily list of things for which they are grateful have higher life satisfaction and happiness. Over the past year Melissa and I have had a lot to be grateful for, and this Thanksgiving we wanted to share our list of gratitude with all of you!
- Partnership: Melissa and I have learned something new each and every day about our individual disciplines, and how they can work together to best serve our patients. We have grown as providers, as business owners, and as friends over this past year, and it's this lasting partnership we are grateful for!
- Patients: Over the past 11 months we have had nearly 300 smart, funny, and caring patients walk through our doors. We have learned so much from each of you, and are thrilled to have you as a part of our Sound Family!
- Speech and Hearing Community: We have learned so much from the supportive and caring speech and hearing professionals throughout the Bay Area. We feel so fortunate to connect and collaborate with such caring professionals.
- Pediatricians: From small private practices, to large organizations, we have had the opportunity to personally meet with numerous pediatricians in the Bay Area, and are amazed by the care and coordination they provide to each of their patients.
- UCSF Hearing Loss Clinic: Melissa and I are grateful to be a part of a brilliant team of professionals from multiple disciplines. We have learned so much from our friends in ENT, Genetics, Social Work, and other community resources.
- CAPD: As we collaborate together to assess and treat Central Auditory Processing Disorder, we are grateful for our mentors up north (Evergreen Speech and Hearing Clinic) for collaboration, and continued learning to best serve our patients "under one roof".
- Mavis & the SFSPCA therapy program: This year one of our favorite team members comes with a whole lot of fur! Mavis (and her owner Susy) have joined our team offering animal assisted therapy to our patients. We can't help but smile every time she comes in our clinic.
- Our Neighborhood: Over the past year we have watched the Potrero/Mission Bay neighborhood grow as we grow too! From new buildings to new businesses, we feel fortunate to be in such a booming and high energy part of the SF neighborhoods.
- New technologies: This year we've had the opportunity to offer some of the most innovative technology through hearing instrument connectivity and the product Lyric. It has been wonderful seeing the difference these technologies play on our patients communication.
- Continued Growth: We are proud to continue to grow professionally and as a clinic with the addition of two new services in 2016. We look forward to working with the Golden Gate Regional Center and the Veterans Association to serve people of all ages and needs.
Wishing you, and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving!
Jody & Melissa