Ever wondered what happens after your appointment in regard to your insurance billing? If you are a member of one of our in network plans (Blue Shield or CIGNA) we've got the scoop for you.
- Co-payment: during your first appointment, our clinic will take a look at your insurance card and collect the co-payment due for a "specialist".
- Sound bills your insurance company: a HCFA is sent out electronically indicating the services you participated in (CPT code), and the rationale behind the service (ICD-10 code).
- Insurance payment: your insurance plan pays a portion of your bill in approximately 2-6 weeks. The amount that they pay depends on your specific plans benefits. We always recommend you reach out to them prior to the appointment to learn how much is expected to be covered.
- Explanation of Benefit (EOB): both you, and Sound, receive an EOB that explains what was covered by the insurance company (if any), and how much you will pay. This document is not a bill.
- Invoiced bill: Sound will send you the remaining balance via e-mail through a Quickbooks invoice. You can pay online, through the mail, or in our office the next time you drop by!
Please do not hesitate to reach out to us throughout this process if you have any questions regarding the insurance process. If you are paying privately, we've got an explanation on that process as well!